Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Top 4 Roller Coasters at Holiday World

Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana dates way back to 1946 when it opened as Santa Claus Land, one of the world's first theme parks. Since then, the family-owned park has grown into a fantastic destination that blew me away when I visited over Memorial Day Weekend this past May. Their coasters are some of the best - not many parks can boast 4 out of their 5 coasters as some of the best in the world. For today's blog post, I will be counting them down based on my personal experiences.

#4 - The Raven
Some of you may hate me for this, but I have reasoning for this. So many people hyped Raven up so much, but after my ride in the back row, I was left disappointed. My disappointing back row ride was my only ride on it, due to thunderstorms coming in, so I do need to ride it again. But the restraints gave me a pretty bad stapling, and the whole train shuffled like crazy. After that second large drop, my lap bar came down another notch or two after being already stapled due to a nasty pothole at the bottom. Maybe, like I mentioned, a ride in other seats would have helped, but I think what would really help is if GCI came back to refurbish Raven like they did Legend in 2016. Rating: 6/10

Watch my Raven POV here:


#3 - Thunderbird
This is the newest coaster in the park, and the world's first launched B&M Wing Coaster. The first launched wing coaster overall title goes to Furius Baco at PortAventura. I have ridden all 4 B&M Wing Coasters in North America, and I can safely say this is my favorite. It's overall a top-notch coaster, and an extremely memorable one at that. The launch is wickedly forceful, the inversions are forceful and have good whip to them, and like every other coaster at the park, the terrain seriously adds to the experience. I only got to ride it twice, but I could have ridden it more. Rating: 8.5/10

Watch my Thunderbird POV here:



#2 - Legend
Like I mentioned with Raven, the coaster got refurbished by GCI in 2016, and over Memorial Day Weekend in 2017, it was running incredible. The layout is very compact with lots of terrain and ride interaction, the pacing is excellent, that first drop blew me away with it's shocking acceleration and tunnel at the bottom, it's a true coaster for lateral forces, and that double helix reminiscent of Beast at Kings Island gets pretty intense. It's not only my #2 coaster at this park, but it's also my #5 woodie, and #11 overall. Rating: 9.5/10

Watch my Legend POVs here (front and back row)


#1 - Voyage
There's no doubt in my mind this is absolutely one of the best coasters in the world. Not only is it the best in the park and one of the absolute best in the world, it's my favorite coaster out of a count of 128! It literally has everything a coaster enthusiast wants in a coaster. One of the biggest wooden coasters around, the restraints don't go down too far making for a comfortable ride, the terrain is just perfect, that first drop is one hell of a way to start the ride, it not only holds the record for most airtime (24.3 seconds) but it delivers in quantity as well, it's as intense as can be, crazy long, and what's unbelievable is how the pacing holds up after such a long ride. If you need at least one reason to get down to Holiday World, this is that reason. Rating - 10/10

Watch my three Voyage POVs here:


If you don't 100% agree with my list, I encourage you to either post your opinions if you have visited the park in the comments below, or head down to Holiday World if you haven't. Even besides these four masterpieces, the park experience is incredible with enough to offer that warrants a full day's visit plus. Look out for my Holiday World FULL PARK REVIEW coming soon! For now, remember to look out for future blog posts, and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment